Daniel just bought a nifty new set of chains at Les Schwab this Saturday as we are preparing our trip to San Jose this year for Christmas. Yes, this is my first year away from home on Christmas. Although I know it will not be easy I am looking forward to seeing friends and family. So naturally when I’m feeling down I make a nice little Pro-Con list to make myself feel better about a sunny Christmas Day.
1. This year I will be having a whole week off from work so I can feel like I am in elementary again with a nice “Christmas Vacation”.
2. There always seems to be an abundance of Shopping done in the sales tax state.
3. Family – always good to see the people we love
4. I’m looking forward to seeing how Daniel has always celebrated his Christmas
5. Tortillas – nuff said
6. We get to see the Anaheim Mighty Ducks play the San Jose Sharks. Let the Mighty Ducks references BEGIN!
1. The only con is that I will miss my family and family traditions. Christmas eve with my Grandma, Aunts & Uncles and little cousins. Christmas Morning when my little sisters run down stairs for Santa’s gifts as the house is filled with the smell of Cinnamon Rolls. Driving to Washington to my Grandma’s house where there is always scratch’ets and I get to stay in my childhood room. Omelets in the morning and so many more family traditions that I will miss.
Although it is hard the most important thing is that I will be spending our new revised Christmas together. I get to spend Christmas with my family, Daniel. He always cheers me up and always makes me feel at home.
Even without egg nog, Christmas trees, snow, presents and tradition one thing is true every year.
For unto us a child is born!